Saturday, April 28, 2012

Night of the Tornado

Our spring has been eventful so far this year. Not really all that surprising when it started in February - just a little early. Tornado season was in March! Well, there was one night that the storming was scary. We all spent two hours in the basement during a tornado warning. And we were so lucky because there was lots and lots of damage in the town right next to us! Anyway, for two hours we spent hiding out.

Baby Girl had no idea what was going on. Spending that time in the basement was a JOY for her! Why? Well, the two finished rooms in our basement are my studio and an office. We took down snacks and drinks. They had a TV to watch movies on, comfy chairs to sit in and the family all spending time together in a smaller space. She thought it was all fun and games! Good for her! Just mom and dad had to worry.

Well, of course I took pictures. And I had to scrapbook this happy/scary time.


I used the new American Crafts Amy Tangerine line for this page. It is so happy that I thought it really help portray HER mood on this night.





So now I am looking forward to calmer weather. Of course it is April now and it is colder this month than it was last. I am praying we do not have a SECOND tornado season!

Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. OMG sounds terrifying! Love the photo though....so every cloud....another beautiful layout. I adore the colours :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary! I am glad it all ended well. And hey... you got a great story to scrap about ;-) LOVE this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout. And interesting topic to scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous Corrie! love that the photo is at the bottom of the page! great colors! am so in love with amy tan papers too! happy week end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this page. The layout, the colour. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How scary! I love your approach to documenting it.

    ReplyDelete