Monday, April 23, 2012

Heidi Swapp Memory File

I had the opportunity to play with the Heidi Swapp Memory Files recently. After looking at all the cool stuff I decided I needed to use them with a theme in mind. So I decided that a birthday theme was perfect for my files.

My birthday is the first one of year in my family and this year I turned 36. It was hard. I felt old. And I really wasn't so sure it was really a birthday I wanted to have. But I am past that now. Thank goodness. I am fine. I think my joints and such are not working as well as they did the day before my birthday but that could all be in my head. LOL.

But back to my memory file.

This is 36 @ 36...



In it are 36 pieces that I can see that make up me - today - at 36.




Some of it is really important, like my family.


And some of it is more light hearted, like my love of magazines, pop fiction and anything Apple.


And then some shows how much time I spend watching the girls.


But it is all a bunch of pieces of me today. I think it will be fun to look back on when I have enetered a new phase of my life. Like will white t-shirts, jeans and flip flops still be my favorite outfit when I am 64?

I was showing the fam this project and they are all into it. First Born is excited because her birthday is next. She has picked out her file and everything. So by the end of the year we will have a Memory File Box filled up with all of our birthdays from 2012. I definitely like this idea.

Happy Monday all and thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. What a great thing to do and with your fabulous style it could only be what it is.....brilliant!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazingly beautiful mini! I will be 36 next month also...I can so relate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is definitely a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete