Thursday, July 14, 2011

7.14 Sketchy Thursdays

I really love everything about this week's sketch at Sketchy Thursdays. I love butterflies. It asks for one photo. The photo is small. It is a simple, clean sketch. I love it! It may be one of my all time favorites! See it...


Perfect!

Here is my take...


Close-up...


This picture is from our trip to Chicago. We were walking distance from Lake Michigan, so we ventured down there, bad weather and all to see it. The sky was dark, the water was FREEZING and the most amazing color. I have never seen a lake so clear before! DD#2 thought it was great too. Before we knew it, she was wet up to her waist and had to walk back to the hotel sandy and cold. Well, all the kiddos ended up this way. I guess it is just an occupational hazard for them. LOL.

Anyway, make sure you head over to Sketchy Thursdays to play along with us! Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. I saw this on the Sketchy Thursdays blog and I just had to pop over and tell you how much I adore this layout!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is fantastic!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning page and gorgeous photo. Just love it! And the layers on the butterflies are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, I absolutely love your page for this sketch!!! The butterflies and layers.. the colours.. the photo.. everything is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is simply amazing!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOve this layout!! bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on the sketch! This is an awesome page and that photo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE all these butterflies, Corrie, especially that large rubon! And your color choices are beyond perfect for that gorgeous photo! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete