Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sketchy Thursdays 6.16

So I am a little late today with this! Last night we had horrible thunderstorms and I turned off and unplugged my computer early in the night. I am so paranoid about losing all my photos that I had to for piece of mind. (I do have them all backed up though. I learned my lesson with that one!) Anyway, then this morning we had VBS until 1 o'clock! So now it is after 3 and I am just getting this posted! So sorry!

So the new sketch this week from Sketchy Thursdays is awesome.



I love it. I worked on this one at a scrapbooking retreat and had a limited number of pictures to pull from. Had I been at home I probably would have used 4 photos, but being there and a little more limited because I did not have my computer and printer, I used just one. Here is my take.



I have trouble with circular elements, I don't know why but I do. But the drawn circles sort of in the background are not bold enough to interrupt my flow too much. I guess I could have used a different shape, but I was trying something new, darn it!

Anway, head back over to Sketchy Thursdays and play along!!!

9 comments:

  1. This is such a fun and cute layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea w the hand drawn circles! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It has a nice graphic feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your layout, especially what you did with that really nice sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch! I'm loving the hand drawn circle! And the paint/mist splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came over for this week's sketch to tell you how much of I love it--the hearts add a lot to it! This is really cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I missed a few posts recently so ..; congrats on making the cover of the magazine !! so well deserved!!
    and I LOVE your take on ELle's studio's sketch!! love the way you used the ribbon !!
    this new layout is also very nice! I think you rocked this sketch!! thank you for the inspiration!! have a great week end

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your take on the sketch... beautiful page! thanks for your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete