Thursday, June 30, 2011

Daddy Hugs (and the real picture)

I made this page for SNR. I love the simplicity of it.


I found the little flowers at Michaels on clearance and they just worked so perfectly on this page. I even wrote DIRECTLY ON THE PHOTO!! This made me so nervous! What if I messed up? What if I misspelled a word? What if my spacing was off? Seriously, that made me SO a little crazed. But after all that worrying, it came out great, I think.

But there is more of a story to that picture of DD#2 and dear hubby. We had been out all day long on a mommy demanded requested photo shoot. The girls all had coordinating clothes. My inlaws were trucking along. Dear hubby was toting the camera bag and my screen all day. And this picture was at the end of the day when we had all been reduced to boredom or goofing off. True to himself, dear hubby was goofing off. This wasn't just a daddy hug, it was DD#2, holding on to him as he pretended to pick her nose! Look at the unedited!


Thank goodness for photo editing software! Thank goodness for cropping! And thank goodness for the story because that is really the best part!

3 comments:

  1. Love the page, and love that you shared the whole story, too. How fun! Dads can be like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this is GREAT! Love the layout and the story!

    ReplyDelete