Thursday, June 2, 2011

6.2 Sketchy Thursdays



I love this sketch. It is so fun. I love all the elements. The single photo. The flowers. I love it all.

I'll be honest though, I had no idea what photo I was going to use for it. I ended up flipping through a stack I had already printed but was not using (at least not for what I had originally thought) and found two of baby girl. She is a beach lover, just like me. The two of us will talk about taking off and living on the beach and never coming so far inland again! Every now and then she will ask me if it is time to move to the beach. Yep, she is mine. I love that. She is that way by design!






I had a lot of fun with this one. First, I used two photos, but they are small. Lots of paint. (Note to self: It is easier to wash the paint off a stamp when the paint is still wet. Dry paint takes some elbow grease.) And lots of different elements. It was fun to really play around with supplies.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and make sure you head over to Sketchy Thursdays and upload your creations for a chance at the prize!!!

3 comments:

  1. I too love this sketch, and I LOVE your interpretation of it. Such a great LO, love the stacked embellishments and painted dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take! love the paint in the background, love the chip frame, the clustering!: hey you rocked it!! and congrats on your win over at elle's studio!!

    ReplyDelete