Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday ramblings

This week was the first week of a photography class I am taking. I love photography and when I happen to get a great shot, I am thrilled! I am an auto mode user. Yes, it is the truth. But for the most part I am happy with the shots I get. But the more I get into photos and scrapbooking, I have been realizing that I really should know how to use my DSLR. Hee hee. So, that's why I am taking my photography class.

So here are two of my first manual mode photos.





Both photos are unedited. I did not edit them on purpose. I mean I am working on taking better photos, so I want to see them unedited. I can change them up later, but for now I will keep them in unedited form. I am pleased. Plus the lighting was cool, which really helps.

I am not trying to impress anyone with my photo taking skills, I just want to be able to take pictures of my girls that I love! I really just want to impress myself by learning and growing in the things that are important to me. Plus, it's fun!

Today's Gratitude:

1. I am grateful for having a weekend at home. I got to spend time with a good friend, have a date night with my dear hubby and spent time on my classes all from my own home. What a joy!
2. I am grateful for the non-school friends that my oldest has. They are great, down-to-earth young ladies who enjoy still being kids and truly care about my daughter.
3. I am grateful for a very imaginative 4 year old, who entertained herself for a large portion of the afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. pretty darn good! I too have an SLR that I only use in manual mode. Classes will come someday I am sure- in the meantime, I am grateful that large memory cards and digi DLRs allow me to take 5 gajillion photos so I can accidentally get it right :P

    ReplyDelete