Saturday, January 29, 2011

White space

I like white space in my photos and scrapbook layouts. I don't mean literally white space, although that is sometimes the case, but more unused space. A good friend of mine sort of makes fun of me for my use of white space. And maybe it is not real cool, but I really like it. Things that are too centered or pages too filled up just seem too unnatural to me. Life isn't like that. Nothing is really centered and when things get too filled up, I don't feel calm and together. I am in chaos! So therefore, I like white space.

So here is a picture I found when I was looking for a picture to scrap an all about me layout.



I love this picture. I took it three and a half years ago, on our annual beach trip. I have never scrapped it or even printed it before now, and after careful thought, I decided that it could definitely work on and all about me page (more to come on this later). It needed a little cropping though to be right. I needed white space to simplify. With the girls centered and background all around, it seemed too busy. So hello cropper tool. And hello white space.



This cropped version is much better at showing my mood and all that is so important to me.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit I like the original almost as much as the edit- something about the sense of vast ocean and sky around little girls :P
    But, the edit is going to be really nice to scrapbook and the off-center focus is so much more appealing :)

    ReplyDelete